DATE: Wednesday, February 8, 2023 Posted on 2/3/23 at 3:50PM
LOCATION: 261 Whites Path, Unit 4, South Yarmouth
TIME: 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held as a hybrid meeting (in-person and through remote participation) pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law on March 12, 2020. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. Written public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at mdowney@capelighti.:ompad.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, February 7, 2023, and should follow the public comment protocol below. Written public comments received after the February 71h deadline will be distributed prior to the Com pact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: + 1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 825-0468-2962
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Public Comment
- Approval of January 11, 2023, Open Session and Compact Board January 11, 2022 Executive Session Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
- Board Strategic Planning for 2025-2027 Energy Efficiency Plan and Operating Budget
- April Board Meeting Date Changed to April 5
- Presentation Summarizing DPU Order 22-137, Cape and Vineyard Electrification Offering
- Cape Light Compact Program Overview, Isabelle Caplan
- 2023 Energy Efficiency Program Update, Briana Kane and Lindsay Henderson
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey
- Participation in Eversource’s Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Stakeholder Group
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed-No Voting)
- Open Session Vote on Entry into Executive Session: Open Session Vote on Entry into Executive Session: pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A §§21(a)(3) to consider strategy and potential vote on pending litigation, the appeal of Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities D.P.U. 20-40, Cape & Vineyard Electrification Offering (CVEO) and the appeal of CVEO as proposed in the 2022-2024 Energy Efficiency Plan, D.P.U. 21-126, SJ-2021-0443 and SJ-2022-0088, respectively, not to return to open session thereafter
Participation in the Executive Session is limited to CLC Board Members, CLC Staff and Invited Guests
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols
for the February 8, 2023, Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuant to his authority mder GL. c. 30A, § 20, and consistent with Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, § 20, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the February 8, 2023 Compact Board meeting, where some Board Members, staff and members of the Public may be participating remotely:
- Members of the public are welcome to address the Compact Board during the public comment section of the meeting or in writing.
- Members of the public addressing the Compact Board at the meeting must state their name, and if appropriate the name of the organization the person is representing. Oral comments must be limited to three minutes.
- Members of the public may also submit written comments. Written comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, February 7, 2023. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the February 7th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Public comment, both verbal and written, must be respectful, courteous, and presented in a dignified manner. All remarks must also be free of personal attacks.
- All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff cannot respond to public comments for topics not on the current agenda during the Board meeting. The Cape Light Compact Board may respond to comments either by putting them on the agenda of a subsequent meeting or by requesting the administrator or staff to respond to the comment .
- Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, February 8, 2023, at theCape Light Compact JPE’s web site at www.capelightcompact.org Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.