Overview of a Home Energy Assessment
Cape Light Compact’s Home Energy Assessment utilizes a “whole home” approach to help identify energy-efficient upgrades that will reduce energy bills, increase year-round comfort, and create a healthier environment for homeowners and renters alike. There is no additional charge for the energy assessment as you already pay into the Energy Efficiency Fund (which primarily funds these programs), through your electric bill. The Compact offers both in-person and virtual assessments.
- To qualify for a no-cost home energy assessment you must have an active Eversource electric account on Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard.
- These assessments are available for existing residences. Details on our new construction, renovations, and additions program can be found here.
During the assessment, you'll receive these no-cost energy-saving measures:
- Low-flow showerhead and faucet aerators
- Air sealing
- Advanced Power Strips
Following the assessment, you will receive recommendations and offers that may include:
- A customized energy report tailored specifically to your home.
- 75% or more off approved insulation improvements
- Recommendations for HVAC, hot water heating, and/or appliance upgrades and information on available rebates
- Access to the 0% Interest Mass Save Heat Loan to help finance these offers
- Duct Sealing
- Combustion Safety and Knob and Tube Inspections
Steps to get started
- Call 1-800-797-6699 for a NO-COST Home Energy Assessment* or sign up online (please have your electric account number for the online sign-up).*Customers can now choose between a Virtual Home Energy Assessment or an In-Home Assessment. The virtual assessment can be done via phone or computer and allows you to access the same rebates and incentives of the in-person assessment but without requiring anyone to enter your home.
- Our vendor will conduct an energy assessment of your home and recommend improvements to save you energy and money.
- Benefit from rebates and incentives for recommended energy improvements you select.
Customers may also opt to select their own Home Performance Contractor or Independent Installation Contractors, as opposed to using the Compacts vendor. For a list of participating Independent Installation Contractors click here and Home Performance Contractors click here.