2015 Grid Modernization
The electric distribution companies (EDCs) filed their first GMPs with the Department in August 2015 in dockets D.P.U 15-120 through 15-122. Cape Light Compact held public information meetings in September and October of 2016 to inform the community about the proposals and to receive community input. As a full intervenor to the DPU proceeding, the Compact submitted information requests, testimony, and briefs to ensure that Cape and Vineyard residents and businesses would be able to benefit from grid modernization and that costs were appropriate and fairly allocated. The DPU issued an Order in that docket on May 10, 2018.
Public Information Meetings
Cape Light Compact held public information meetings in September and October 2016 to inform the community of what is being proposed and to gain input on what the community would like to see.
Cape Light Compact and Cape Cod Technology Council held a joint meeting in June regarding Grid Modernization. Please watch the video as there is a lot of important information from our key speaker Karl Rábago and Compact Power Supply Planner Austin Brandt.
Overview of the Grid Modernization Plans and Presentation by Cape Light Compact
Summary and Presentation on Microgrids
To view all filings in each docket please go to the DPU File Room website, click “Dockets/Filings” near the top left corner, and select “Docket by Number” from the drop-down menu. To see the Eversource docket filings, type in 15-122. To see the National Grid docket filings, type in 15-120.
- Eversource Grid Modernization Plan
- Cape Light Compact's First Set of Information Requests - to view responses to the Compact's IRs, please visit the DPU File Room at the link above
- On July 12, 2017, Cape Light Compact JPE filed an initial brief with the DPU.
- On March 10, 2017, Cape Light Compact and its witnesses filed testimony with the DPU. To view what was filed, please click each link below.
- National Grid Electric Grid Modernization Plan
- Procedural Schedule