DATE: Wednesday, March 15, 2023 Posted on 3/10/23 at 10:46am & Updated on 3/14/23
LOCATION: Cape Light Compact Offices – Martha’s Vineyard Conference Room – 261 Whites Path, Unit 4, South Yarmouth
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held as a hybrid meeting (in-person and through remote participation) pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law on March 12, 2020. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. Written public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, March 14, 2023, and should follow the public comment protocol below. Written public comments received after the March 14th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 884-1175-5345
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Public Comment
- Approval of January February 8, 2023, Open Session Minutes
- Open Session Vote on Entry into Executive Session: Open Session Vote on Entry into Executive Session: pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A §§21(a)(3) to review and approved Executive Session minutes regarding pending litigation, the appeal of Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities D.P.U. 20-40, Cape & Vineyard Electrification Offering (CVEO) and the appeal of CVEO as proposed in the 2022-2024 Energy Efficiency Plan, D.P.U. 21-126, SJ-2021-0443 and SJ-2022-0088, respectively, to return to open session thereafter
- Discussion and Potential Vote on Early Inclusion of Clean Peak Standard into Power Supply, Mariel Marchand
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
- Preparation for April 5 Strategic Planning Meeting and Discussion on Evolution of Compact Programs
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey
- Update on US Department of Agriculture Rural Utilities Solar Loan Application
- March 2, 2023 Letter from MA Department of Public Utilities: Compact Aggregation Plan
- Withdrawal of CVEO Appeal
- February 28, 2023 Letter to MA Department of Energy Resources
- February 16, 2023 Letter from US Senators Warren and Markey to the MA DPU
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed – No Voting)
Participation in the Executive Session is limited to CLC Board Members, CLC Staff and Invited Guests
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols
for the March 15, 2023, Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuant to his authority under G.L. c. 30A, §20, and consistent with Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, §20, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the March 15, 2023 Compact Board meeting, where some Board Members, staff and members of the Public may be participating remotely:
- Members of the public are welcome to address the Compact Board during the public comment section of the meeting or in writing.
- Members of the public addressing the Compact Board at the meeting must state their name, and if appropriate the name of the organization the person is representing. Oral comments must be limited to three minutes.
- Members of the public may also submit written comments. Written comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, March 14, 2023. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the March 14th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Public comment, both verbal and written, must be respectful, courteous, and presented in a dignified manner. All remarks must also be free of personal
- All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff cannot respond to public comments for topics not on the current agenda during the Board meeting. The Cape Light Compact Board may respond to comments either by putting them on the agenda of a subsequent meeting or by requesting the administrator or staff to respond to the comment .
- Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, March 15, 2023, at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s web site at capelightcompact.org Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.