DATE: Wednesday, January 11, 2023
LOCATION: 261 Whites Path, Unit 4, South Yarmouth
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held as a hybrid meeting (in-person and through remote participation) pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law on March 12, 2020. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. Written public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, January 10, 2023, and should follow the public comment protocol below. Written public comments received after the January 10th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 872-8464-0887
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Public Comment
- Approval of December 14, 2022, Open Session Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
- Elections for 2023 Officers, Maggie Downey
- Elections for 2023 Executive Committee Members, Maggie Downey
- Town of Barnstable Light Project, Potential Vote to Approve, Margaret Song
- Presentation on DPU 22-22, Eversource Rate Case and DPU 21-80, Eversource 2022-2025 Grid Modernization Plan, Rebecca Zachas and Kevin Galligan
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey
- Overview of Key Findings from MA Clean Heat Commission Study and MA Clean Energy and Climate Plan for 2050
- 2021 Cape Light Compact Annual Report
- Review Documents Sent to CLC Board
- Summary of Conflict-of-Interest Law for Municipal Employees (Board Member SIGNATURE REQUIRED)
- Office of the Attorney General: Open Meeting Law Guide and Educational Materials (Board Member SIGNATURE REQUIRED)
- Office of the Attorney General: 940 CMR: Open Meetings
- Office of the Inspector General: How to be an Effective Board Member of a Public Board or Commission
- First Amended and Restated Joint Powers Agreement of the CLCJPE
- Cape Light Compact Aggregation Plan, dated December 30, 2022
- Cape Light Compact Code of Conduct for Board Members
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed – No Voting)
- Open Session Vote on Entry into Executive Session: pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A §§21(a)(3) and (a)(10) to review and approve the December 14, 2022 Executive Session Minutes regarding strategy on pending or imminent regulatory litigation, Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities D.P.U. 14-69 B (Order on Appeal of Hearing Officer Ruling on Customer Enrollment), not to return to open session thereafter.
Participation in the Executive Session is limited to CLC Board Members, CLC Staff and Invited
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols
for the January 11, 2023, Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuant to his authority under G.L. c. 30A, §20, and consistent with Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, §20, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the December 14, 2022 Compact Board meeting, where all Board Members, staff and members of the Public shall be participating remotely:
- Members of the public are welcome to address the Compact Board during the public comment section of the meeting or in writing.
- Members of the public addressing the Compact Board at the meeting must state their name, and if appropriate the name of the organization the person is representing. Oral comments must be limited to three minutes.
- Members of the public may also submit written comments. Written comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, December 13, 2022. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the December 13th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Public comment, both verbal and written, must be respectful, courteous, and presented in a dignified manner. All remarks must also be free of personal
- All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff cannot respond to public comments for topics not on the current agenda during the Board meeting. The Cape Light Compact Board may respond to comments either by putting them on the agenda of a subsequent meeting or by requesting the administrator or staff to respond to the comment .
- Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, December 14, 2022, at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s web site at capelightcompact.org Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.