If you’re a renter, we can help you save energy and enjoy greater comfort in your house or apartment, all while saving money. A no-cost Renter Home Energy Assessment makes it easy.
A Renter Home Energy Assessment allows you to:
- Access 100% off recommended insulation and air sealing
- Get no-cost LED bulbs (Only if replacing Incandescent Bulbs. CFLs are not eligible for replacement.)
- Get no-cost Low-flow showerhead and faucet aerators
- Get no-cost Advanced Power Strips
Following the assessment, you'll receive a custom Home Energy Report which includes:
- Information on available rebates to make upgrades to your appliances, thermostats, and HVAC equipment
- A proposal for 100% off on insulation upgrades. You can opt to use the recommended insulation installer provided by your energy specialist or find your own installer from our list by clicking here
- The opportunity to apply for 0% financing through the Mass Save® HEAT Loan for eligible upgrades
To qualify for a no-cost renter home energy assessment you must have an active Eversource electric account on Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard. These assessments are available for existing residences. Details on our new construction, renovations, and additions program can be found here.
Are you a Landlord?
If you’re a landlord of a unit where the tenant pays the electric bill, our Renters offer can also benefit you as the property owner. Have your tenants contact us directly for their Energy Assessment; any recommendations for weatherization will be signed off on by you before being implemented.
If you own a building with 5 or more units be sure to see what is available through the Multi-family offering by giving us a call at 1-800-797-6699. If 50 percent or more of the tenants are below designated income levels you may qualify for the Income Eligible Multi-family Retrofit Program. Click here to learn more or call 617-348-6425.
Get started today!
- Click the links below to either sign up online or give us a call.
- Our energy specialists will schedule a time that is convenient to you for the assessments. We currently offer both in-home and virtual options.
- Following the assessment, you will get your energy report which includes next steps you can take to increase your home's efficiency.