Extra Savings Available for Income Qualified Customers
Income-qualified customers are eligible for a number of programs and offers that can help them reduce energy use and save on monthly energy costs. Our income-qualified program has two-tiers, highlighted in the table below, one for customers at or below 60% of the state median income (SMI) and another for customers making between 60% and 80% of SMI. Income levels for both tiers are included in the table below.
Income Eligible Program
Renters or homeowners making 60 percent or less of the state median income are eligible for:
- Fuel assistance and reduced utility rates.
- Find full details and contact information below.
- NO-COST Home Energy Assessments through Housing Assistance Corporation (HAC) which includes:
- NO-COST insulation and air sealing
- Potential heating system upgrade (if existing system is determined to be highly inefficient)
- Potential appliance upgrades
- NO-COST high-efficiency lighting
Enhanced Residential Program
Renters and customers that are between 60% and 80% of the state median income are also eligible to receive are No-Cost Home Energy Assessments including:
- Access 100% off recommended insulation and air sealing
- NO-COST LED bulbs (Only if replacing Incandescent Bulbs. CFLs are not eligible for replacement.)
- NO-COST Low-flow showerhead and faucet aerators
- NO-COST Advanced Power Strips
- Information on available rebates to make upgrades to your appliances, thermostats, and HVAC equipment
Income Eligible Multi-Family Retrofit Program
If 50 percent or more of the tenants are below designated income levels you may qualify for the Income Eligible Multi-family Retrofit Program. Click here to learn more or call 617-348-6425. Buildings not meeting the 50 percent threshold can participate through the standard multi-family offering by giving us a call at 1-800-797-6699.
Get started today!
Click the buttons below to either sign up online or give us a call.
Additional Income-Eligible Energy Services:
Your income level and household size may also qualify you for a variety of additional programs including fuel assistance and reduced utility rates. Contact information to find out more is below.