There is a lot of energy demonstrated in the weather around us, and here is a fun activity for the summer! Create your own “pet” tornado in a jar.
- One large jar with a tight fitting lid
- Two drops of dish liquid
- 1/4 tsp of glitter
- Fill the clean jar with water up to an inch at the top of the jar.
- Add two drops of dish liquid.
- Add the glitter.
- Place the lid on the jar and make sure it is fitted tight so that the water doesn’t leak out of the jar.
- Shake the jar a few times and then shake the jar in a circular motion.
- You should see your tornado in action!