DATE: Wednesday, September 13, 2023
LOCATION: Cape Light Compact Offices -Martha’s Vineyard Conference Room 261 Whites Path, Unit 4, South Yarmouth
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held as a hybrid meeting (in-person and through remote participation) pursuant to St. 2023, c. 2, which, among other things, extends the temporary provisions pertaining to remote meetings of public bodies under the Open Meeting Law to March 31, 2025. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. Written public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, September 12, 2023, and should follow the public comment protocol below. Written public comments received after the September 12th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 810-6997-1616
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Public Comment
- Approval of July 12, 2023, Compact Board Meeting Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
- Town Interest in Pursuing a Request for Proposals (RFP) for Assessing and Maintaining Municipal Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Upcoming Meeting with DPU Commissioner Van Nostrand
- Discussion and Potential Vote on Establishing an Other Post Employment Benefits (OPEB) Trust and Pension Stabilization Fund, Erin O’Toole, Esquire and Dan Sullivan, CPA
- Discussion and Potential Vote on Proposed Revised Mid-Term Modification, Margaret Song
- Discussion and Potential Vote on Participation in DPU 23-67, Proposed Municipal Aggregation Guidelines, Mariel Marchand
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey
- Update on Proposed Municipal Aggregation Legislation
- CLC Awarded an Additional $337,000 from MA Clean Energy Center for E-Bike Grant
- Update on USDA Rural Energy Savings Program (RESP) Application for Solar Loan Program
- Vineyard Power Donation Agreement
- Massachusetts Solar for All Application to US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed No Voting)
Cape Light Compact Public Comment Protocols for Governing Board Meeting
The Cape Light Compact Governing Board has adopted the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in its Governing Board meetings, where some Board Members, staff and members of the public may be participating remotely:
- Members of the public are welcome to address the Compact Board during the public comment section of the meeting or in writing.
- Members of the public addressing the Compact Board at the meeting must state their name, and if appropriate the name of the organization the person is representing. Oral comments must be limited to three minutes.
- Members of the public may also submit written comments. Written comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at mdowney@capelightcomporg by 2 p.m. on the Tuesday before a scheduled Compact Governing Board meeting ( or such other time as may be established by the Compact Administrator). Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Members of the public addressing the Compact Board may not use fighting words, slander, unreasonably loud or repetitive speech, or speech so disruptive of the Compact Board meeting that the deliberative process is substantially interrupted or Speakers may not disrupt others. Speech must be peaceable and orderly.
- All written public comments submitted in advance consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff cannot respond to public comments for topics not on the current agenda during the Board meeting. The Cape Light Compact Board may respond to comments either by putting them on the agenda of a subsequent meeting or by requesting the administrator or staff to respond to the
- Copies of the Board meeting packet will generally be made available to members of the public in advance of the meeting at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s website at capelightcompact.org Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.