Posted 10/6/23 at 12:08PM
DATE: Wednesday, October 11, 2023
LOCATION: Cape Light Compact Offices – Martha’s Vineyard Conference Room – 261 Whites Path, Unit 4, South Yarmouth
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held as a hybrid meeting (in-person and through remote participation) pursuant to St. 2023, c. 2, which, among other things, extends the temporary provisions pertaining to remote meetings of public bodies under the Open Meeting Law to March 31, 2025. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. Written public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, October 10, 2023, and should follow the public comment protocol below. Written public comments received after the October 10th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 865-9220-9220
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Presentation on 2022 Cape Light Compact Audited Financial Statements, Jennifer Cook, Clifton, Larsen, Allen, LLP
- Public Comment
- Approval of September 13, 2023, Compact Board Meeting Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
- Report Back on Meeting with DPU Commissioner Van Nostrand
- Discussion and Potential Vote on Resolution Creating an Other Post Employment Benefits (OPEB) Trust and Vote to Establish a Pension Stabilization Fund, Maggie Downey
- Discussion on Proposed Legislation to Promote Power Purchase Agreements for Offshore Wind, Mariel Marchand
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey
- Board Member Email Protocols
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed – No Voting)
Cape Light Compact Public Comment Protocols
for Governing Board Meeting
The Cape Light Compact Governing Board has adopted the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in its Governing Board meetings, where some Board Members, staff and members of the public may be participating remotely:
- Members of the public are welcome to address the Compact Board during the public comment section of the meeting or in writing.
- Members of the public addressing the Compact Board at the meeting must state their name, and if appropriate the name of the organization the person is representing. Oral comments must be limited to three minutes.
- Members of the public may also submit written comments. Written comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at email@example.com by 2 p.m. on the Tuesday before a scheduled Compact Governing Board meeting ( or such other time as may be established by the Compact Administrator). Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Members of the public addressing the Compact Board may not use fighting words, slander, unreasonably loud or repetitive speech, or speech so disruptive of the Compact Board meeting that the deliberative process is substantially interrupted or impaired. Speakers may not disrupt others. Speech must be peaceable and orderly.
- All written public comments submitted in advance consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff cannot respond to public comments for topics not on the current agenda during the Board meeting. The Cape Light Compact Board may respond to comments either by putting them on the agenda of a subsequent meeting or by requesting the administrator or staff to respond to the comment .
- Copies of the Board meeting packet will generally be made available to members of the public in advance of the meeting at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s web site at capelightcompact.org Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.