DATE: Wednesday, July 8, 2020
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held through remote participation pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law on March 12, 2020. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. All public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, July 7, 2020 and should follow the public comment protocol below. Public comments received after the July 7th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 876 0601 6012
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
Posted 7/6/20 at 9:22 AM
- Written Public Comments Only
- Approval of June 10, 2020 Open Session Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Ron Zweig
- 2020 Operating and Energy Efficiency Budget Reports, Peter Cocolis
- Update on Energy Efficiency Programs
- Proposed Dehumidifier Turn-In Event
- Update on Cape and Vineyard Electrification Offering (CVEO), MA Department of Public Utilities 20-40
- Presentation on Recent Solar Massachusetts Renewable target (SMART) Program Regulations: Low- Income Community Solar (LICS), Austin Brandt. Potential vote in support of SMART LICS projects
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey:
- DPU 20-69, Investigation by the Department of Public Utilities on its own Motion into the Modernization of the Electric Grid – Phase Two (Customer-facing Grid Modernization investments, including time varying rates and advanced metering functionality). Potential Vote to submit comments, participate in technical session and in proceeding generally
- Update on COVID Plan for Compact Office
- Schedule for fall board meetings (and anticipation of continued virtual meetings)
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed – No Voting)
- Roll Call Vote to Adjourn the Meeting
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols
for the July 8, 2020 Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuant to his authority under G.L. c. 30A, §20, and consistent with Governor Baker’s Emergency “Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20,” issued on March 12, 2020, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the July 8, 2020 Compact Board meeting, where all Board Members, staff and members of the Public shall be participating remotely:
- All public comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, July 7, 2020. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the July 7th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Public comment must be respectful, courteous, and presented in a dignified manner. All remarks must also be free of personal
- All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff shall not respond to public comment during the Compact’s Board meeting.
- Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s web site at capelightcompact.org . Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.