DATE: Wednesday, February 9, 2022
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held through remote participation pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law on March 12, 2020. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. All public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, February 8, 2022 and should follow the public comment protocol below. Public comments received after the February 8th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 825-5034-8640
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Public Comment – Written Only
- Approval of January 12, 2022, Open Session Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
Overview of January 27, 2022, Executive Committee Meeting
B. Discussion and Potential Vote to appoint KO Law, P.C. as Compact General Counsel effective as of March 18, 2022
- Energy Efficiency: Presentation on the 2022-2024 Energy Efficiency Plan (DPU 21-126) Order
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed – No Voting)
- Open Session Vote on Entry into Executive Session: (1) pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A §21(a)(3) to review and approve executive session minutes which contain discussions regarding pending or imminent regulatory litigation related to Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities (DPU) 20-40, Cape & Vineyard Electrification Offering (CVEO) and the 2022-2024 Energy Efficiency Plan; and (2) pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A §21(a)(3) and (10) to discuss and potential vote on pending or imminent regulatory litigation and trade secrets and confidential, competitively-sensitive or other proprietary power supply information related to Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities 20-40, Cape & Vineyard Electrification Offering (CVEO) and the 2022-2024 Energy Efficiency Plan, DPU 21-126, and the Eversource Rate Case, DPU 22-22, not to return to open session thereafter.
Participation in the Executive Session is limited to CLC Board Members, CLC Staff and Invited Guests
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols
for the February 9, 2022, Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuant to his authority under G.L. c. 30A, §20, and consistent with Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, §20, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the February 9, 2022 Compact Board meeting, where all Board Members, staff and members of the Public shall be participating remotely:
- All public comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, February 8, 2022. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the January 11th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Public comment must be respectful, courteous, and presented in a dignified manner. All remarks must also be free of personal
- All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff cannot respond to public comments for topics not on the current agenda during the Board meeting. The Cape Light Compact Board may respond to comments either by putting them on the agenda of a subsequent meeting or by requesting the administrator or staff to respond to the comment .
- Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, February 9, 2022, at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s web site at capelightcompact.org . Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.