DATE: Wednesday, November 9, 2022
LOCATION: Cape Light Compact Offices – 261 Whites Path, Unit 4, South Yarmouth, MA
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held as a hybrid meeting (in-person and through remote participation) pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law on March 12, 2020. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. Written public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, November 8, 2022, and should follow the public comment protocol below. Written public comments received after the November 8th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 827-2956-9163
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Public Comment
- Approval of October 12, 2022, Compact Board Open Session Minutes and October 12, 2022 Compact Board Executive Session Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
- Introduce new Oak Bluffs Board Member, Peter Meleney
- Update on Eastham Board Member Vacancy
- Presentation on the Proposed Cape Light Compact 2023 Energy Efficiency Surcharge (EES) for Electric Ratepayers on Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard, Margaret Song
- Presentation on 2021 Cape Light Compact Audited Financial Statements, Jennifer Cook, Clifton, Larsen, Allen, LLP
- Discuss Proposed 2023 Operating Budget, Maggie Downey
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey
- New staff Member Graham Piercey
- CVEO 3.0 Public Hearing and Public Comment Dates Set by MA DPU
- Memorandum of Understanding – Cape Light Compact and Commonwealth Wind
- December Board Meeting: Nominations for Executive Committee
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed – No Voting)
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols
for the November 9, 2022, Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuant to his authority under G.L. c. 30A, §20, and consistent with Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, §20, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the November 9, 2022 Compact Board meeting, where all Board Members, staff and members of the Public shall be participating remotely:
- Members of the public are welcome to address the Compact Board during the public comment section of the meeting or in writing.
- Members of the public addressing the Compact Board at the meeting must state their name, and if appropriate the name of the organization the person is representing. Oral comments must be limited to three minutes.
- Members of the public may also submit written comments. Written comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, November 8, 2022. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the November 8th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Public comment, both verbal and written, must be respectful, courteous, and presented in a dignified manner. All remarks must also be free of personal
- All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff cannot respond to public comments for topics not on the current agenda during the Board meeting. The Cape Light Compact Board may respond to comments either by putting them on the agenda of a subsequent meeting or by requesting the administrator or staff to respond to the comment .
- Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, November 9, 2022, at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s web site at capelightcompact.org Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.