DATE: Wednesday, September 29, 2021
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held through remote participation pursuant to Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, §20. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. All public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, September 28, 2021 and should follow the public comment protocol below. Public comments received after the September 28th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 858-1941-1792
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Public Comment – Written Only
- Approval of July 21, 2021 Compact Board Open Session Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
A. Introduce Matthew Patrick, New Town of Falmouth Board Member
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey
A. Discuss and Potential Vote to appoint Mariel Marchand to represent Compact on Cape & Vineyard Electric Cooperative (CVEC) Board
B. Discuss and Potential Vote on Vacation Buy-Back Proposal for Compact Staff
C. Review, Discuss and Potential Vote Regarding Eversource’s Phase II Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Program and Electric Vehicle Demand Charge Alternative Proposal, DPU 21-90, Using the Compact’s Consumer Advocacy Worksheet
D. Update on Energize the Cape & Vineyard Proposal
- Review and Discuss Cape Light Compact’s Draft 2022-2024 Energy Efficiency Plan: Proposed Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Reduction Goals, Budget, Electrification Goals and Proposed Enhancements to Statewide Incentives, Presentation by Compact Staff
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed – No Voting)
- Open Session Vote on Entry into Executive Session pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A §21(a)(3) and (10) to (1) review and approve executive session minutes which contain discussions regarding pending or imminent regulatory litigation and trade secrets and confidential, competitively-sensitive or other proprietary power supply information related to a proposed Low-Income Community Solar project (when the release of the discussion would have a detrimental effect on the Compact’s negotiating position); (2) to discuss pending or imminent regulatory litigation and trade secrets and confidential, competitively-sensitive or other proprietary power supply information related to the Compact’s Power Supply Offering, not to return to open session thereafter. Participation in the Executive Session is limited to CLC Board Members, CLC Staff and Invited Guests.
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols
for the September 29, 2021 Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuant to his authority under G.L. c. 30A, §20, and consistent with Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, §20, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the September 29, 2021 Compact Board meeting, where all Board Members, staff and members of the Public shall be participating remotely:
- All public comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, September 28, 2021. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the September 28th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Public comment must be respectful, courteous, and presented in a dignified manner. All remarks must also be free of personal
- All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff shall not respond to public comment during the Compact’s Board meeting.
- Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s web site at capelightcompact.org Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.