Posted on September 12, 2022 at 11:26am.
DATE: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held through remote participation pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law on March 12, 2020. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. Written public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, September 13, 2022 and should follow the public comment protocol below. Written public comments received after the September 13th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 844 1700 5209
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Public Comment
- Presentation on Energy Markets, NextEra Energy, Mike Zenker
- Speaking Points for Boards of Selectmen/Town Council, Mariel Marchant
- MA Department of Public Utilities Chairman Matthew Nelson
- MA Program Administrators Winter Mitigation Strategy
- MA Climate Bill and Pilot Similar to CVEO
- Presentation on the MA Climate Bill and Inflation Reduction Act, Audrey Eidelman Kiernan, KO Law
- Presentation on Cape Light Compact’s 2019-2021 Energy Efficiency Term Report, Phil Moffit
- Discuss Support of Eversource Battery and Solar Project on Willow Street in Yarmouth, the subject of D.P.U. 22-64, Mariel Marchand
- Approval of July 13, 2022, Open Session Minutes and July 13, 2022 Executive Session Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
- Introduce New Tisbury Board Member, Russ Hartenstine, and Compact Residential Energy Efficiency Analyst, Stephen McCloskey
- Confirm Attendance for October Board Meeting – will be a hybrid meeting,
- Introduce Proposed Program for Connecting Consumers and Energy: Master Energy Program
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey
- Community Education Grant Update
- Potential Vote on Vacation Buy-Back for CLC Staff
- Potential Vote on Appropriation of Funds from Power Supply Reserve Fund to Energy Efficiency Fund
- Update on Discussions with Commonwealth Wind
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed – No Voting)
- Open Session Vote on Entry into Executive Session: Open Session Vote on Entry into Executive Session pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A §21(a)(3) to: (1) consider strategy and potential vote regarding pending litigation related to the Eversource Rate Case, D.P.U. 22-22; and (2) consider strategy and potential vote on pending or imminent regulatory litigation, including Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities D.P.U. 20-40, Cape & Vineyard Electrification Offering (CVEO) and CVEO as proposed in the 2022-2024 Energy Efficiency Plan, D.P.U. 21-126, not to return to open session thereafter.
Participation in the Executive Session is limited to CLC Board Members, CLC Staff and Invited Guests
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols
for the September 14, 2022, Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuant to his authority under G.L. c. 30A, §20, and consistent with Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, §20, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the September 14, 2022 Compact Board meeting, where all Board Members, staff and members of the Public shall be participating remotely:
- Members of the public are welcome to address the Compact Board during the public comment section of the meeting or in writing.
- Members of the public addressing the Compact Board at the meeting must state their name, and if appropriate the name of the organization the person is representing. Oral comments must be limited to three minutes.
- Members of the public may also submit written comments. Written comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, September 13, 2022. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the September 13th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Public comment, both verbal and written, must be respectful, courteous, and presented in a dignified manner. All remarks must also be free of personal
- All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff cannot respond to public comments for topics not on the current agenda during the Board meeting. The Cape Light Compact Board may respond to comments either by putting them on the agenda of a subsequent meeting or by requesting the administrator or staff to respond to the comment .
- Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, September 14, 2022, at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s web site at capelightcompact.org Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.