POSTED July 11, 2022 at 8:35 AM
DATE: Wednesday, July 13, 2022
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held through remote participation pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law on March 12, 2020. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. Written public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, July 12, 2022 and should follow the public comment protocol below. Written public comments received after the July 12th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: + 1 (646) 558-865
Meeting ID: 821 03169668
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Public Comment
- Approval of June 8, 2022, Open Session Minutes and May 11, 2022 Executive Session Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
- Resignation of Fred Fenlon, Eastham Representative
- Hybrid Board Meeting Planned for September 14th
- Discuss and Potential Vote on Updates to Compact Remote Participation Policy
- Update on E-Bike Grant Program, Mariel Marchant
- Streetlight Maintenance Contract – New Vendor, Margaret Song
- State Building Code Updates, Margaret Song
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey
- New Community Education Grant
- 2019-2021 Term Report Filing to the MA DPU due on August 1, 2022
- Program Administrators working with MA Division of Energy Resources on Anticipated High Fossil Fuel and Electric Prices in the Winter of 2022/2023
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed No Voting)
- Open Session Vote on Entry into Executive Session: Open Session Vote on Entry into Executive Session: pursuant to M.G.L. c. JOA §21 (a)(3) to review and approve the June 8, 2022 Executive Session Minutes regarding a consumer advocacy worksheet and regulatory litigation strategy concerning the Eversource Rate Case, DPU 22-22 and litigation strategy regarding DPU 22-55, Eversource’s Capital Investment Proposal for Cape Cod. Participation in the Executive Session is limited to CLC Board Members, CLC Staff and Invited Guests.
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols
for the July 13, 2022, Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuantto his authority tmderG.L. c. 30A, § 20, and consistent with Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, § 20, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the July 13, 2022 Compact Board meeting, where all Board Members, staff and members of the Public shall be participating remotely:
1. Members of the public are welcome to address the Compact Board during the public comment section of the meeting or in writing.
2. Members of the public addressing the Compact Board at the meeting must state their name, and if appropriate the name of the organization the person is representing. Oral comments must be limited to three minutes.
3. Members of the public may also submit written comments. Written comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, July 12, 2022. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the June 7th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
4. Public comment, both verbal and written, must be respectful, courteous, and presented in a dignified manner. All remarks must also be free of personal attacks.
5. All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
6. Board members and staff cannot respond to public comments for topics not on the current agenda during the Board meeting. The Cape Light Compact Board may respond to comments either by putting them on the agenda of a subsequent meeting or by requesting the administrator or staff to respond to the comment.
7. Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, July 12, 2022, at theCape Light Compact JPE’s website at www,capelie}ltcompact,org Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.