DATE: Wednesday, June 9, 2021
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held through remote participation pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law on March 12, 2020. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. All public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, June 8, 2021 and should follow the public comment protocol below. Public comments received after the June 8th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 864 0507 1817
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
Published on 6/4/21 at 2:30pm.
- Public Comment – Written Only
- Approval of May 12, 2021 Open Session Minutes
- Approval of May 25, 2021 Executive Committee Open Session Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
A. Testimony at Public Hearing on Senate Bill 2104 and House Bill 3213
B. Use of “chat” function when arriving or leaving a Zoom meeting
- Follow-Up to April Board Meeting Discussion: Presentation on Cape Light Compact Green Aggregation Offering, Austin Brandt and NextEra Energy Services
- Discussion and Potential Vote to Amend Article V.D, Manner of Acting and Quorum. of the Cape Light Compact Joint Powers Agreement, Jeffrey Bernstein
- Continue Discussion on Energize the Cape & Vineyard Proposal Presented at the May 12, 2021 Compact Board Meeting
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey
A. Consumer Advocacy Worksheet Update
B. Reschedule July to Board Meeting from July 14 to July 21
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed – No Voting)
- Open Session Vote on entry into Executive Session pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A §21(a)(3) and (10) to (1) review and approve executive session minutes which contain discussions regarding pending or imminent regulatory litigation and trade secrets and confidential, competitively-sensitive or other proprietary power supply information related to a proposed Low-Income Community Solar project (when the release of the discussion would have a detrimental effect on the Compact’s negotiating position); and (2) to discuss pending or imminent regulatory litigation and trade secrets and confidential, competitively-sensitive or other proprietary power supply information related to a proposed Low-Income Community Solar project, not to return to open session thereafter. Participation in the Executive Session is limited to CLC Board Members, CLC Staff and Invited Guests.
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols
for the June 9, 2021 Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuant to his authority under G.L. c. 30A, §20, and consistent with Governor Baker’s Emergency “Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20,” issued on March 12, 2020, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the June 9, 2021 Compact Board meeting, where all Board Members, staff and members of the Public shall be participating remotely:
- All public comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, June 8, 2021. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the June 8th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Public comment must be respectful, courteous, and presented in a dignified manner. All remarks must also be free of personal
- All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff shall not respond to public comment during the Compact’s Board meeting.
- Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s web site at capelightcompact.org Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.