Cape Light Compact JPE Governing Board Meeting
Posted 6/9/23 at 9:20 AM
DATE: Wednesday, June 14, 2023
LOCATION: Cape Light Compact Offices – Martha’s Vineyard Conference Room, 261 Whites Path, South Yarmouth
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held as a hybrid meeting (in-person and through remote participation) pursuant to St. 2023, c. 2, which, among other things, extends the temporary provisions pertaining to remote meetings of public bodies under the Open Meeting Law to March 31, 2025. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. Written public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, June 13, 2023, and should follow the public comment protocol below. Written public comments received after the June 13th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 851-9767-4959
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Public Comment
- Approval of May 10, 2023, Compact Board Meeting Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
- Final Report on April 5, 2023 Planning Meeting
- Plans to Discuss Tactical Ideas – Energy Coaches in the Fall
- Discussion and Potential Vote on Proposed Revisions to the Compact’s Aggregation Plan, Audrey Eidelman Kiernan, Esq.
- Martha’s Vineyard Towns Resiliency and Affordability Program Income Eligible Ratepayer Assistance Initiative. Discussion and Potential Vote, Maggie Downey
- Energy Efficiency Updates
- Revised 2023 Energy Efficiency Surcharge Filing with the MA Department of Public Utilities, Margaret Song
- Discussion and Potential Vote on Proposed Mid-Term Modification, Margaret Song
- Summer Sizzler Offering, Briana Kane
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey
- Discussion and Vote on Public Comment Protocols for Compact Meetings
- CVEO Update
- CLC Shirts for Board member
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed – No Voting)
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols
for the June 14, 2023, Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuant to his authority under G.L. c. 30A, §20, and consistent with Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, §20, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the June 14, 2023 Compact Board meeting, where some Board Members, staff and members of the Public may be participating remotely:
- Members of the public are welcome to address the Compact Board during the public comment section of the meeting or in writing.
- Members of the public addressing the Compact Board at the meeting must state their name, and if appropriate the name of the organization the person is representing. Oral comments must be limited to three minutes.
- Members of the public may also submit written comments. Written comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, June 13, 2023. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the June 13th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Members of the public addressing the Compact Board may not use fighting words, slander, unreasonably loud or repetitive speech, or speech so disruptive of the Compact Board meeting that the deliberative process is substantially interrupted or impaired.
- All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff cannot respond to public comments for topics not on the current agenda during the Board meeting. The Cape Light Compact Board may respond to comments either by putting them on the agenda of a subsequent meeting or by requesting the administrator or staff to respond to the comment.
- Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, June 14, 2023, at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s web site at capelightcompact.org Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.