DATE: Wednesday, May 12, 2021
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held through remote participation pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law on March 12, 2020. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. All public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, May 11, 2021 and should follow the public comment protocol below. Public comments received after the May 11th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 810-3839-5883
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Public Comment – Written Only
- Approval of April 21, 2021 Open Session Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
- Presentation on Energize the Cape & Vineyard, Barry Margolin
- Discussion on Pending bills related to remote participation under the Open Meeting Law, Jeff Bernstein
- 2020 Year End Review of Compact Funds, Megan Terrio
- Energy Efficiency:
A. Residential HVAC Update: Rebates, New Equipment and Proposed for 2022-2024, Dan Schell
B. Update on April 30th Draft 2022-2024 Massachusetts Energy Efficiency Plan
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey:
A. Cape Cod Commission’s Draft Climate Action Plan
B. Letter from the City of Boston to the MA Department of Public Utilities on Low Income Community Solar Projects
C. Martha’s Vineyard Climate Week: Climate to Thrive
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed – No Voting)
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols
for the May 12, 2021 Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuant to his authority under G.L. c. 30A, §20, and consistent with Governor Baker’s Emergency “Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20,” issued on March 12, 2020, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the May 12, 2021 Compact Board meeting, where all Board Members, staff and members of the Public shall be participating remotely:
- All public comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, May11, 2021. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the May 11th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Public comment must be respectful, courteous, and presented in a dignified manner. All remarks must also be free of personal
- All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff shall not respond to public comment during the Compact’s Board meeting.
- Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s web site at capelightcompact.org Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.