Cape Light Compact JPE Governing Board Meeting
Posted 5/4/23 at 10:00 AM
DATE: Wednesday, May 10, 2023
LOCATION: Cape Light Compact Offices – Martha’s Vineyard Conference Room
261 Whites Path, Unit 4, South Yarmouth
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held as a hybrid meeting (in-person and through remote participation) pursuant to St. 2023, c. 2, which, among other things, extends the temporary provisions pertaining to remote meetings of public bodies under the Open Meeting Law to March 31, 2025. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. Written public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, May 9, 2023, and should follow the public comment protocol below. Written public comments received after the May 9th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 885-3354-7023
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Public Comment
- Approval of March 15 and April 5, 2023, Open Session and Compact Board March 15, 2023, Executive Session Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
A. Chatham Board Member, Peter Cocolis Retirement
- Continued Discussion and Potential Vote on Early Inclusion of Clean Peak Standard into Power Supply, Melva Deshmukh, NextEra Energy Services and Mariel Marchand
- Presentation on Results of Phase One Cape Light Compact 2025-2027 Planning Session, Stephan Wollenburg, Sustainable Energy Advantage
- Presentation and Discussion on March 2, 2023 Letter from the MA Department of Public Utilities Regarding the Compact’s Aggregation Plan, Audrey Eidelman Kiernan, Esq.
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey
A. JPE Quorum Requirements
B. Cape Light Compact 2022 Municipal Aggregation Report to the MA Department of Public Utilities
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed – No Voting)
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols for the May 10, 2023, Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuant to his authority under G.L. c. 30A, §20, and consistent with Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, §20, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the May 10, 2023 Compact Board meeting, where some Board Members, staff and members of the Public may be participating remotely:
1. Members of the public are welcome to address the Compact Board during the public comment section of the meeting or in writing.
2. Members of the public addressing the Compact Board at the meeting must state their name, and if appropriate the name of the organization the person is representing. Oral comments must be limited to three minutes.
3. Members of the public may also submit written comments. Written comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, May 9, 2023. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the May 9th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
4. Public comment, both verbal and written, must be respectful, courteous, and presented in a dignified manner. All remarks must also be free of personal attacks.
5. All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
6. Board members and staff cannot respond to public comments for topics not on the current agenda during the Board meeting. The Cape Light Compact Board may respond to comments either by putting them on the agenda of a subsequent meeting or by requesting the administrator or staff to respond to the comment.
7. Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, May 10, 2023, at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s website at www.capelightcompact.org Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.