DATE: Wednesday, April 13, 2022
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held through remote participation pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law on March 12, 2020. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. All public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, April 12, 2022 and should follow the public comment protocol below. Public comments received after the April 12th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 865-0960-3295
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Public Comment – Written Only
- Presentation on Revisions to Cape Light Compact JPE Policies and Procedures Manual, Regina Ryan, Labor Counsel. Discussion on Proposed Revisions to the Policies and Procedures Manual
- Approval of March 9, 2022, Open Session Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
A. Discuss Changing Public Comment Protocol
B. Board Meeting Packet Posting on Website
C. Approval of January 27, 2022, Executive Committee Minutes
- Energy Efficiency
A. 2022-2024 Energy Efficiency Plan Compliance Filing Presentation, Phil Moffitt
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey
A. Release of RFP for Municipal Outdoor Lighting Operations & Maintenance as a Service to Towns and Fire Districts
B. Discussion and potential vote to appoint Compact Business Officer
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed – No Voting)
- Open Session Vote on Entry into Executive Session: Open Session Vote on Entry into Executive Session: (1) pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A §21(a)(3) to consider strategy and potential vote regarding pending litigation related to the Eversource Rate Case, D.P.U. 22-22; and (2) pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A §§21(a)(3) and (10) to review and approve the March 9, 2022 executive session minutes regarding the review and approval of September 9, 2020 and February 9, 2022 executive session minutes concerning pending or imminent regulatory litigation related to Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities (DPU) 20-40, Cape & Vineyard Electrification Offering (CVEO), the 2022-2024 Energy Efficiency Plan, D.P.U. 21-126, the Eversource Rate Case, DPU 22-22, and trade secrets and confidential, competitively-sensitive or other proprietary power supply information related to Low Income Community Shared Solar Project.
Participation in the Executive Session is limited to CLC Board Members, CLC Staff and Invited Guests
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols
for the April 13, 2022, Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuant to his authority under G.L. c. 30A, §20, and consistent with Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, §20, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the April 13, 2022 Compact Board meeting, where all Board Members, staff and members of the Public shall be participating remotely:
- All public comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, April 12, 2022. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the April 12th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Public comment must be respectful, courteous, and presented in a dignified manner. All remarks must also be free of personal
- All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff cannot respond to public comments for topics not on the current agenda during the Board meeting. The Cape Light Compact Board may respond to comments either by putting them on the agenda of a subsequent meeting or by requesting the administrator or staff to respond to the comment .
- Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, April 12, 2022, at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s web site at capelightcompact.org . Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.