DATE: Wednesday, November 10, 2021
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held through remote participation pursuant to Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, §20. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. All public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, November 9, 2021 and should follow the public comment protocol below. Public comments received after the September 281h deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +I (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 833-5948-3441
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Presentation on Energy Markets, Mike Zenker, Managing Director of Research, NextEra Energy Resources
- Open Session Vote on Entry into Executive Session pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A §21(a)(3) and (10) to (1) review and approve executive session minutes which contain discussions regarding pending or imminent regulatory litigation and trade secrets and confidential, competitively-sensitive or other proprietary power supply information related to a proposed Low-Income Community Solar project (when the release of the discussion would have a detrimental effect on the Compact’s negotiating position); (2) to discuss and potential vote on pending or imminent regulatory litigation and trade secrets and confidential, competitively-sensitive or other proprietary power supply information related to Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities 20-40, Cape & Vineyard Electrification Offering (CVEO) and the 2022-2024 Energy Efficiency Plan, DPU 21-126 to return to open session thereafter. Participation in the Executive Session is limited to CLC Board Members, CLC Staff and Invited Guests.
- Public Comment – Written Only
- Approval of October 14, 2021 Compact Board Open Session Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
- Richard Toole, Oak Bluffs, Recognition of Service
- Introduction of Dion Alley, new Oak Bluffs Representative
- Presentation on Updated Compact 2022-2024 Energy Efficiency Plan Budget, Phil Moffit
- Discuss 2022 Proposed Operating Budget, Maggie Downey
- Summary of Cape Light Compact’s Small Business 2021 Main Streets Initiative, Lindsay Henderson
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey
- 2022-2024 Energy Efficiency Plan Process with MA Department of Public Utilities (DPU 21-126)
- MA Department of Public Utilities Virtual Public Hearings on 2022-2024 Energy Efficiency Plan, December 1st and 2, 2021 (notice to be forwarded when posted)
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed – No Voting)
Participation in the Executive Session is limited to CLC Board Members, CLC Staff and Invited Guests
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols
for the November 10, 2021 Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuant to his authority under G.L. c. 30A, § 20, and consistent with Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, § 20, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the November l 0, 2021 Compact Board meeting, where all Board Members, staff and members of the Public shall be participating remotely:
- All public comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, November 9, 2021. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the November 9th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Public comment must be respectful, courteous, and presented in a dignified manner. All remarks must also be free of personal attacks.
- All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff shall not respond to public comment during the Compact’s Board meeting.
- Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s web site at www.capelighcompact.org. Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.