DATE: Wednesday, October 14, 2020
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held through remote participation pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law on March 12, 2020. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. All public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, October 13, 2020 and should follow the public comment protocol below. Public comments received after the October 13th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 841-0185-7244
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Public Comments – Written Only
- Approval of September 9, 2020 Open Session Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Ron Zweig: Discuss Changing the Time of Board Meetings to early evening while holding meetings remotely, potential vote
- Presentation: Draft Cape Light Compact JPE 2019 Audited Financial Statements, Christopher Rogers, Clifton Larson Allen, LLP
- 2020 Operating and Energy Efficiency Budget Reports, Maggie Downey
- Power Supply Update
- RFP for Municipal Electric Accounts, Austin Brandt
- Discuss Request from Truro Resident: Should CLC Local Green Options be a Zero Carbon Option? Potential vote
- Update on Energy Efficiency Programs
- Update on Small Business Offerings, Lindsay Henderson
- Overview of Proposed 2021 Energy Efficiency Surcharge, Phil Moffitt
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey:
- Update on Rural Energy Savings Program (RESP) loan from the Rural Utilities Service (RUS), potential vote on Resolution.
- Cape Cod Municipal Health Group Disclosure of Financial Interest Form
- Update on Potential Energize Cape & Vineyard Effort
- November and December Board Meetings – Need to Reschedule Dates
- Proposed Cape and Vineyard Meeting of Energy/Climate Stakeholders
- Update on Executive Session Meeting Minutes and the MA Open Meeting Law
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed – No Voting
- Roll Call Vote to Adjourn the Meeting
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols
for the October 14, 2020 Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuant to his authority under G.L. c. 30A, §20, and consistent with Governor Baker’s Emergency “Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20,” issued on March 12, 2020, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the October 14, 2020 Compact Board meeting, where all Board Members, staff and members of the Public shall be participating remotely:
- All public comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, October 13, 2020. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the July 7th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Public comment must be respectful, courteous, and presented in a dignified manner. All remarks must also be free of personal
- All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff shall not respond to public comment during the Compact’s Board meeting.
- Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, October 14, 2020 at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s web site at capelightcompact.org . Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.