Posted on October 7, 2022 at 11:10 a.m.
DATE: Wednesday, October 12, 2022
LOCATION: Cape Light Compact Offices – Martha’s Vineyard Conference Room
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held as a hybrid meeting (in-person and through remote participation) pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law on March 12, 2020. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. Written public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, October 11, 2022, and should follow the public comment protocol below. Written public comments received after the October 11th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 874-5851-1330
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Public Comment
- Approval of September 14, 2022, Open Session Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
- Update on CLC and Utility Program Administrators Winter Pricing Mitigation Strategy, Isabelle Caplan
- Presentation and Potential Vote on Cape & Vineyard Electrification Offering (CVEO) 3.0, Mariel Marchand
- Presentation on the MA Climate Bill and Inflation Reduction Act, Audrey Eidelman Kiernan, KO Law
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey
- Community Education Grants Awarded
- 2021 Audit Update
- Upcoming November 1st Energy Efficiency Surcharge Filing
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed – No Voting)
- Open Session Vote on Entry into Executive Session: Open Session Vote on Entry into Executive Session: pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A §21(a)(3) to review and approve the September 14, 2022 Executive Session Minutes regarding: (1) consideration of strategy and potential vote regarding pending litigation related to the Eversource Rate Case, D.P.U. 22-22; and (2) consideration of strategy and potential vote on pending or imminent regulatory litigation, including Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities D.P.U. 20-40, Cape & Vineyard Electrification Offering (CVEO) and CVEO as proposed in the 2022-2024 Energy Efficiency Plan, D.P.U. 21-126, not to return to open session thereafter.
Participation in the Executive Session is limited to CLC Board Members, CLC Staff and Invited Guests
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols
for the October 12, 2022, Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuant to his authority under G.L. c. 30A, §20, and consistent with Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, §20, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the October 12, 2022 Compact Board meeting, where all Board Members, staff and members of the Public shall be participating remotely:
- Members of the public are welcome to address the Compact Board during the public comment section of the meeting or in writing.
- Members of the public addressing the Compact Board at the meeting must state their name, and if appropriate the name of the organization the person is representing. Oral comments must be limited to three minutes.
- Members of the public may also submit written comments. Written comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, October 11, 2022. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the October 11th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Public comment, both verbal and written, must be respectful, courteous, and presented in a dignified manner. All remarks must also be free of personal
- All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff cannot respond to public comments for topics not on the current agenda during the Board meeting. The Cape Light Compact Board may respond to comments either by putting them on the agenda of a subsequent meeting or by requesting the administrator or staff to respond to the comment .
- Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, October 12, 2022, at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s web site at capelightcompact.org Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.