DATE: Wednesday, January 12, 2021
TIME: 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The meeting will be held through remote participation pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law on March 12, 2020. Members of the Public can join in by audio and follow along with Meeting Materials, see the information below. All public comments should be submitted to Maggie Downey, Compact Administrator, at email@example.com by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, January 11, 2021 and should follow the public comment protocol below. Public comments received after the January 11th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
Telephone dial-in: +1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting ID: 896-1010-4698
Further instructions are attached to this agenda.
- Public Comment – Written Only
- Approval of December 12, 2021, Open Session Minutes
- Chairman’s Report, Martin Culik
A. Recognition of new Board Member, Erik Peckar, from West Tisbury
B. Elections for 2022 Officers
C. Elections for 2022 Executive Committee Members
- Energy Efficiency: Update on 2022-2024 Energy Efficiency Plan (DPU 21-126) and the 2022 Energy Efficiency Surcharge (DPU 21-119), Maggie Downey
- Administrator’s Report, Maggie Downey
- Review Documents Sent to CLC Board
- Summary of Conflict-of-Interest Law for Municipal Employees (Board Member SIGNATURE REQUIRED)
- Office of the Attorney General: Open Meeting Law Guide and Educational Materials (Board Member SIGNATURE REQUIRED)
- Office of the Attorney General: 940 CMR: Open Meetings
- Office of the Inspector General: How to be an Effective Board Member of a Public Board or Commission
- First Amended and Restated Joint Powers Agreement of the CLCJPE
- Cape Light Compact Aggregation Plan, dated April 4, 2018
- Cape Light Compact Code of Conduct for Board Members
- Review Documents Sent to CLC Board
- Board Member Update (Reserved for Updates on Member Activities the Chair Did Not Reasonably Anticipate Would be Discussed – No Voting)
- Open Session Vote on Entry into Executive Session pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A §21(a)(3) and (10) to (1) review and approve executive session minutes which contain discussions regarding pending or imminent regulatory litigation and trade secrets and confidential, competitively-sensitive or other proprietary power supply information related to a proposed Low-Income Community Solar project (when the release of the discussion would have a detrimental effect on the Compact’s negotiating position); (2) to discuss and potential vote on pending or imminent regulatory litigation and trade secrets and confidential, competitively-sensitive or other proprietary power supply information related to Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities 20-40, Cape & Vineyard Electrification Offering (CVEO) and the 2022-2024 Energy Efficiency Plan, DPU 21-126, and the 2022 Energy Efficiency Surcharge, DPU 21-119, not to return to open session thereafter.
Participation in the Executive Session is limited to CLC Board Members, CLC Staff and Invited Guests
Chairman’s Public Comment Protocols
for the January 12, 2022, Compact Governing Board Meeting
The Chair, pursuant to his authority under G.L. c. 30A, §20, and consistent with Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, §20, announces the following protocols to assist the public in effective participation in the January 12, 2022 Compact Board meeting, where all Board Members, staff and members of the Public shall be participating remotely:
- All public comments shall be submitted in writing to the Compact Administrator, Maggie Downey, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 PM on Tuesday, January 11, 2022. Written comments must include a person’s name and, if appropriate, the name of the organization the person is representing. Public comments received after the January 11th deadline will be distributed prior to the Compact’s next Board meeting.
- Public comment must be respectful, courteous, and presented in a dignified manner. All remarks must also be free of personal
- All public comments consistent with these protocols shall be included in the Compact’s Board meeting packet.
- Board members and staff cannot respond to public comments for topics not on the current agenda during the Board meeting. The Cape Light Compact Board may respond to comments either by putting them on the agenda of a subsequent meeting or by requesting the administrator or staff to respond to the comment .
- Copies of the Board meeting packet shall be made available to members of the public on Wednesday, January 12, 2022, at the Cape Light Compact JPE’s web site at capelightcompact.org . Documents exempt from disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Law or protected by the attorney-client privilege shall not be included.