Due to ongoing concerns about the spread of COVID-19, Cape Light Compact, in conjunction with the other Mass Save sponsors, has decided to suspend all in-person/on-site energy efficiency activities effective March 18, 2020 until further notice. Additional details can be found at https://www.masssave.com/en/covid19-update.
Cape Light Compact offices are closed to the public but all staff are available through our energy efficiency line: 1-800-797-6699 or by individual email and phone which can be found on the staff page. If you need emergency assistance regarding heating or appliance failure and are income-eligible you can contact us at 1-800-797-6699 between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
Environmental Health and Engineering, Inc. (EH&E), trusted third-party health and safety consulting firm, has developed enhanced COVID-19 health and safety guidelines for the weatherization of 1-4 family residential buildings. The Massachusetts Program Administrators are considering these guidelines as minimum requirements to resume on-premise work of this nature. All contracted vendors and trade allies will be required to demonstrate knowledge of and compliance with these guidelines before being authorized to resume any on-premise work of this nature.
Below are instructions to access the self-serve training module you can use to train your crews on these enhanced guidelines. Please note that receiving certification in these guidelines alone does not grant permission to resume on-premise work. Permission to resume on-premise work must be granted by the Program Administrators.
1. Navigate to https://newenglandprograms.clearesult.com/
2. Select Create an Account
3. Registration Code: NE-TRADES
4. Program Code: NE-H&S-20
5. Once you are logged in, navigate to My Account
6. Under Learning Activities, launch Enhanced Weatherization Health & Safety Guidelines for 1-4 family residential buildings.
7. Once you have completed the training, you can return to My Account and under My Certificates you can find and print your certificate of completion.
If you have any questions regarding these guidelines not covered during the webinar or in the FAQs, please reach out to your Program Administrator contacts.
For a limited time, Cape Light Compact will be offering enhanced incentives for homes and businesses.
- Residential Customers can now receive Virtual Home Energy Assessments and 100% incentive on recommended insulation and weatherization. Terms and conditions apply. Full details are available on the home energy assessment and insulation pages.
- Businesses can receive up to 100% on eligible measures. Terms and conditions apply. Full details are available on the Business page.
Energy Saving Tips
Cape Light Compact has compiled Residential and Business Energy Saving Tips as people will be spending more time inside at their homes and business find themselves either closed or under reduced hours.
Energy Education Resources
A list of Federal and State COVID-19 resources can be found on the COVID-19 Resources page.
The Cape Cod Reopening Task Force has invited the public to submit comments. Comments will be reviewed and taken into consideration as the Task Force develops a reopening report. Comments can be submitted online here.