Cape Light Compact understands the increasing struggles our business customers are facing during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are some tips and resources to help remotely manage on-site energy usage during this time.
You can find additional COVID-19 business related resources here.
- Shut down systems serving unoccupied zones or unmanned processes.
- Turn off compressed air systems if not serving critical equipment.
- In unoccupied buildings, close blinds and windows to minimize temperature fluctuations.
- In occupied buildings, take advantage of the sunlight to make a dent in your heating costs. Open blinds during the day to provide natural lighting and capture free heat.
- Make sure all security systems are powered.
HVAC and lighting
- Shut down HVAC systems at vacated facilities that do not serve critical equipment.
- Where possible, ensure HVAC systems operate with unoccupied temperature setbacks.
- Program HVAC economizers to close when air systems are off.
- Turn off domestic hot water heaters or significantly drop the heating setpoint.
- Turn off emergency lighting in unoccupied zones with manual switches.
- Dim or shut down portions of lights in unoccupied spaces through manual or automated controls.
- Close fume hood sashes to reduce the exhaust of conditioned air.
Refrigeration and other electrical equipment
- Many electronic devices continue to draw power even when they are turned off. By unplugging devices and power strips when they are not in use, you can avoid paying for this extra energy.
- Consolidate and turn off empty refrigeration systems.
- Turn off lights in empty refrigeration cases.
- When unoccupied, turn off exterior signage, lighting and parking lot lights.
- For occupied spaces, adjust the display on televisions and screens Adjusting display settings can significantly reduce power use without compromising picture quality.
Please follow and like us: