Reduce your home’s carbon footprint by swapping out your gas-powered lawn equipment with battery-powered equipment and get a $30-75 rebate! Once you have made your purchase from a retailer you can submit your receipt and rebate form through the mail or online at the link below.
Residential Battery Powered Lawn Equipment Rebates
|Equipment Types||Rebate Amount|
Equipment must be battery-powered. Ride-on or tractor lawnmowers are not eligible. Full eligibility details below.
Why go electric?
Quieter operation: Electric mowers and lawn equipment can be 20 decibels quieter than their gas counterparts. That is the difference between a washing machine and a motorcycle.
Less maintenance: With gas equipment, you have to replace parts annually including spark plugs, oil and air filters. That's not the case with electric equipment.
Easier to maneuver: Electric lawn equipment is lighter than their gas-powered siblings. That means they're easier to handle and maneuver. Some models can be more easily stored and hung up out of the way due to the lighter weight.
Cleaner for the environment: The Environmental Protection Agency states that gas lawn mowers contribute the lion's share of nonroad-related air pollution generated nationwide. The Electric Power Research Institute notes if we replaced half the gas-powered lawn mowers with electric ones, it would reduce the same amount of emissions as removing two million vehicles from the road.
Shop Our Online Catalog
Receive instant discounts on battery-powered lawn equipment, courtesy of the Sponsors of Mass Save®. You will not need to apply for a rebate, as our online store offers instant price discounts.
Follow These Steps to Apply for Your Rebate:
Step 1: Check your eligibility below.
Step 2: Purchase a battery-powered lawnmower, chainsaw, string trimmer, and/or leaf blower.
Step 3: Submit your rebate form and receipt by mail or online.
- This offer is only open to Massachusetts residential electric customers where the Mass Save program is offered by Cape Light Compact, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil.
- Limit one rebate per account, per equipment type, per calendar year.
- The rebate is good for purchases made from January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023.
- The rebate form must be filled out completely, signed, and accompanied by dated receipts or invoices, and received by the Program within 60 days from the installation date.
- 2023 rebates must be submitted online or postmarked by January 31, 2024.