Heat Pump Water Heater Rebates
A heat pump water heater can significantly reduce your monthly water heating costs.
The Sponsors of Mass Save® offer instant savings of $750 to residential electric customers that have a licensed plumber install a qualified heat pump water heater when replacing an existing residential electric, propane or oil water heater.
How does it work?
The Compact partners with HVAC distributors to reduce the upfront costs of Heat Pump Water Heaters. These savings will be applied directly to your installation invoice if your contractor has purchased the eligible heat pump water heater from a participating distributor. By reducing the upfront cost, these systems are cost-competitive with traditional water heating systems, while being up to three times more efficient.
To get started, work with a licensed contractor and make sure to specifically ask about installing a heat pump water heater and if they purchase from a distributor that offers instant savings. The savings will be passed down on your invoice so there is no need to worry about rebate forms or paperwork.
The $750 instant savings is available for systems meeting the following criteria:
- Uniform Energy Factor (UEF) greater than or equal to 3.2
- This offer is available to residential customers of Cape Light Compact, Eversource, National Grid, or Unitil.
- Equipment purchases and installations made between January 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022, are eligible.
- The new system(s) must be replacing an existing residential electric, propane or oil water heater.
- Equipment must be installed by a licensed plumber.
- Equipment installation may be subject to a verification inspection.
High-Efficiency Oil & Propane Water Heating Equipment Rebates
|Fuel||Equipment||Rebate Amount||Efficiency Requirements|
|Propane||Indirect water heater||$400||Must be attached to a propane-fired heating system. Must replace a freestanding or tankless water heater. Solar storage tanks are not eligible.|
|Propane||On-demand tankless water heater||$700||Must be ENERGY STAR® certified with .87 Energy Factor (EF) or higher with electronic ignition|
|Oil||Indirect water heater||$400||Must be attached to an oil-fired heating system. Must replace a freestanding or tankless water heater. Solar storage tanks are not eligible.|
Looking for Natural Gas rebates? Click here.