Customer Directed Option
The Customer Directed Option (CDO) allows for business customers to use their own contractor (Vendor) through an application process, but still receive many of the same benefits and incentives as going through a business energy assessment and installation with the Compact’s lead vendor.
Who is eligible?
Any business that uses less than 1.5 million kWh per year and is performing a retrofit project on their facility. The business must have an active Eversource electric account to participate in this program.
How does it work?
- Before starting the application process and before installing new equipment, the customer’s Vendor is to contact Cape Light Compact to determine eligibility of the proposed project and to establish the requirement for detailed savings projections and cost estimates. (NOTE: Municipal buildings are not eligible for this initiative).
- The Vendor will then complete the application and submit to Cape Light Compact’s Technical Representative (Representative) and cc: Cape Light Compact for review and evaluation of potential incentives. The Compact’s Representative will then do a pre-inspection of work proposed, and will also assess the rest of the facility for additional energy saving opportunities. The Representative will then provide a proposal to the customer for the balance of additional work. The Representative is prohibited from bidding on the work in the Vendor’s application.
- Upon project approval, the Vendor must complete the scope of work they proposed within 90 days of the customer’s signature. If additional measures are recommended by the Representative, customer has 60 days to sign the proposal for these additional measures which would be installed through the Representative.
- The Vendor must receive the customer’s signature on a Certificate of Installation, indicating that the work is complete and the customer is satisfied. The Vendor must submit to the Representative a copy of the final application with the customer’s post-installation signature.
- The Representative conducts a quick post-work inspection, and begins processing any rebates owed to the customer.
For specific application and submission requirements, please review the documents below.
What incentives are available?
|Prescriptive||Lighting w/o Controls||With Lighting Controls||With Lighting Controls and Prescriptive Non-Lighting*|
|up to 70%||up to 72%||up to 75%|
|Custom||Standalone Measure||With Prescriptive Lighting and Lighting Controls||Multiple Custom Measures|
|up to 70%||up to 75%||up to 80%|
*Excludes direct-install DHW measures such as aerators, showerheads, etc.
Projects that participate in the CDO offer are not able to receive additional incentives from other Cape Light Compact or Mass Save® programs (new construction, prescriptive applications, etc.). Any materials purchased for use in a CDO project cannot be purchased through the Upstream Programs offered by the Sponsors of Mass Save.
|Prescriptive Measure Examples|
|LED Fixtures||Energy Management System & VSDs|
|Lighting Controls||Energy Recovery Ventilator|
|Occupancy Sensor Controls||Envelope & Thermal Shell|
|Refrigeration Controls, ECMs, Economizers||Heat Recovery Ventilator|
|Thermostats||Kitchen Hood Controls|
|Vending Machine Controls||Pool Covers & Pumps|
|After-Market Outdoor Reset Controls||Rack Upgrades|
|Custom Measure Examples|
|Rack Heat Recovery|