Programs for Schools
ENERGY EDUCATION PROGRAMS & RESOURCES FOR SCHOOLS
Ask us about bringing an ENERGY CARNIVAL to your school and our KIDS TEACHING KIDS programs!
All materials, workshops, carnivals, and support are provided by Cape Light Compact’s Energy Efficiency Program, so there is no cost to your school!
For more information on Cape Light Compact’s Energy Education Program, please contact:
Deborah Shiflett- Fitton, Energy Education ProgramsCoordinator
More ideas for your school to bring energy concepts and issues alive:
- Invite an energy efficiency expert from Cape Light Compact to speak at your next PTA meeting, school department meeting or all school assembly.
- Have our Energy Education team come to your school for a lunch-time or after-school teacher training.
- Have an education expert in energy science come speak to your classrooms and do classroom experiments on the forms and sources of energy as well as energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Have our education experts in energy science present an all-school Energy Carnival.
- Let us help you start an Energy Club at your school…we even have a team of science teachers who can lead and organize a club for you. In the past 8 years, our CLC supported school energy clubs have won various state and national awards for their efforts in education outreach!
- Solarize Our Schools Program – We can train teachers and students to help their peers and community learn about solar PV power through the use of their school’s PV system (each town has one!)
- Ask about reserving time for our science education associate to come to your classroom for a lesson on how hydrogen fuel cells work.
- Have an idea? Let us hear about it and we will do our best to make it happen!
What does Cape Light Compact’s Energy Education Program offer to teachers?
- Ongoing teacher workshops are held throughout the year featuring curriculum materials from the National Energy Education Development Project (NEED) with topics including:
- Science of Energy
- Sources of Energy
- Electricity and Magnets
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation
- Teacher-friendly, interactive NEED kits on various energy topics that are free to your school and aligned with the MA Frameworks, including:
- Science of Energy
- Energy Conservation and Efficiency kits
- Photovoltaics, Energy From the Sun
- Kid-Wind (wind turbines)
- Water Energy
- Energy curriculum, ideas and classroom support
- Speakers on various energy topics
- Support and Sponsorship for your school’s Energy Club
- Energy Carnivals
- Classroom presentations on hydrogen fuel cells, science of energy, renewable energy